Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
About this product
- DescriptionThrough over a hundred color and black-and-white photographs, taken over a six year period, Stephen Champion takes us sensitively through life in Sri Lanka. Ranging from quiet village gardens to the devastation of the war, showing us both the prayers of the shaman and the pomp of urban rulers, this book provides a broad view of Sri Lanka. As a foreigner he was in the ironic position of being able to move more freely than most Sri Lankans, and unlike other photographers, he took the opportunity and the risks, to explore the country in depth. The result is a fascinating portrait of a country little understood in the West, sadly torn apart by war, and yet still welcoming and hospitable to travellers.REVIEWS It is a remarkable book full of delicate tones, captured moments and poignant contrasts. British Journal of Photography
- Author BiographySTEPHEN CHAMPIONwas born in Worcester, England in 1959. He studied at the Bournemouth and Poole College of Art and gained his Master of Fine Arts degree at the San Francisco Art Institute in 1985. After teaching in San Francisco, he returned to London, and in 1986, travelled to Sri Lanka, where he has photographed extensively. The resulting exhibition has been shown in London and Warsaw, and also toured throughout Sri Lanka. He visits Sri Lanka regularly, and currently lives and works in London.
- Author(s)Stephen Champion
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/1993
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Content Note120 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight930 g
- Width270 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.