All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe go-to guide for learning the ins and outs of laptop computers! Over 50 and still want to learn how to get the most out of your laptop? Laptops For Seniors For Dummies is your ideal guide. No experience? No problem! This book walks you step by step through the setup, navigation, software, email, using the Internet safely, and more. This new edition uses larger type and larger figures for easier reading, and each chapter opens with an outline of tasks covered so you can find the answers you need quickly. Tips, warnings, and tes are highlighted to help you develop positive habits and avoid common pitfalls, and the uncluttered layout makes navigation a breeze. You'll learn how to choose a new laptop, how to set it up, how to get around the Windows 10 operating system, and how to get things done. Coverage includes information on battery life, wireless printing, connectivity, online data storage, Internet safety, the new Windows OS, synching to your mobile phone, and more! Laptops allow you to do just about everything you can do on a traditional desktop computer, just without the bulky hardware and the tangled mess of cords. This book will show you everything you need to kw about working and playing with your new device. * Discover which laptop is best for you * Get set up and start using the keyboard and mouse * Find your way around Windows 10 and the Office applications * Safely use the internet for shopping,social networking, emailing, research, and more Stop being chained to your clunky old desktop computer! Laptops For Seniors For Dummies is the clear, friendly guide to using your new laptop on the go, like a pro.
- Author BiographyNancy C. Muir is an expert in making technology accessible to seniors. She owns a writing and consulting company specializing in business and technology topics, and has written more than 60 books including Computers For Seniors For Dummies and iPad For Seniors For Dummies.
- Author(s)Nancy C. Muir
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.