All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe heartbreaking story of the love affair between Boris Pasternak and Olga Ivinskaya - the true tragedy behind 'Dr Zhivago'. 'Doctor Zhivago' has sold in its millions yet the true love story that inspired it has never been fully explored. Pasternak would often say 'Lara exists, go and meet her', directing his visitors to the love of his life and literary muse, Olga Ivinskaya. They met in 1946 at the literary journal where she worked. Their relationship would last for the remainder of their lives. Olga paid an ermous price for loving 'her Boria'. She became a pawn in a highly political game and was imprisoned twice in Siberian labour camps because of her association with him and his controversial work. Her story is one of unimaginable courage, loyalty, suffering, tragedy, drama and loss. Drawing on both archival and family sources, Anna Pasternak's book reveals for the first time the critical role played by Olga in Boris's life and argues that without Olga it is likely that Doctor Zhivago would never have been completed or published. Anna Pasternak is a writer and member of the famous Pasternak family. She is the great-granddaughter of Leonid Pasternak, the impressionist painter and Nobel Prize winning velist Boris Pasternak was her great-uncle. She is the author of three previous books.
- Author BiographyAnna Pasternak is a writer and member of the famous Pasternak family: her great-grandfather was Leonid, the impressionist painter, her great-uncle was Boris the Nobel prize winning novelist, her grandmother was Josephine the philosopher and her father is revered Oxford biochemist Professor Charles Pasternak. Anna was educated at Christ Church College, Oxford.
- Author(s)Anna Pasternak
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight580 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.