All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis important contribution to the issue of renewable energy describes the technical and ecomical requirements of mass-produced solar thermal power plants, from the different types of power plants to the development needs and a massive development program. The authors - rewned and experienced experts in the field - show that solar thermal power plants, because of their simple techlogy, are easy to build with high production rates and therefore can play a substantial role in the rapid substitution of fossil fuels. On the basis of solar thermal power (using long distance transmission) and coal from substituted coal plants, a future energy system is described supplying gas and liquid fuels. This is the first discussion of a complete concept, of a crash-strategy, for the partial replacement of oil and natural gas.
- Author BiographyWerner Vogel studied physics, chemistry and mathematics at the University of Karlsruhe, Germany. He was involved there at the Institute of Applied Physics in research on solar hydrogen and fuel-cell power plants from 1977 to 1979. Since 1980 he has been a freelance researcher in the ? eld of solar energy, especially solar thermal power plants. Henry Kalb studied physics and was involved in research on solar-hydrogen technology at the University of Karlsruhe from 1976 to 1980. Since 1980, he has been an independent researcher (System-Innovation Karlsruhe), specializing in the areas of solar energy, particularly solar thermal power, and environmental technology.
- Author(s)Henry Kalb,Werner Vogel
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/06/2007
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps (some col.)
- Weight1114 g
- Width181 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.