All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first collection of critical essays on the work of this most original thinker. Francois Laruelle is one of the most important French philosophers of the last 20 years, and as his texts have become available in English there has been a rising tide of interest in his work, particularly on the concept of 'Non-philosophy'. Non-philosophy radically rethinks many of the most cutting-edge concepts such as immanence, pluralism, resistance, science, democracy, decisionism, Marxism, theology and materialism. It also expands our view of what counts as philosophical thought, through art, science and politics, and beyond to fields as varied as film, animality and material objects. It contains an exclusive interview with Laruelle and a new essay written by Laruelle himself. It provides an overview of Laruelle's thought and an understanding of his contemporary relevance. It includes an antated bibliography of Laruelle's work and secondary sources.
- Author BiographyJohn O Maoilearca is Professor of Film and Television Studies at Kingston University London. Anthony Paul Smith is completing a PhD at the University of Nottingham. He is also a research fellow at DePaul University's Institute for Nature and Culture.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- Series TitleCritical Connections
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnthony Paul Smith,John Mullarkey
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.