All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an intelligent and superbly illustrated reevaluation of the seminal architectural manifesto Learning from Las Vegas. Learning from Las Vegas - published in 1972 by the American architects Robert Venturi, Denise Scott Brown, and Steven Izeur - marks the turn in architectural theory from modern to postmodern. Las Vegas in the Rearview Mirror explores the significance of this controversial publication by situating it in the artistic, architectural, and urbanist discourse of the 1960s and '70s, and by evaluating the book's enduring influence of visual studies and architectural research. Referencing cinematic visuals, Learning from Las Vegas documented a sprawling postwar city from a moving car. Stierli examines this methodology against a background of contemporary pop and conceptual art, allowing him to assess the impact of this architectural manifesto and why it remains relevant today.
- Author BiographyMartino Stierli holds a Swiss National Science Foundation Professorship at the Institute of Art History at the University of Zurich. He is a freelance curator and a widely published author.
- Author(s)Martino Stierli
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication18/04/2013
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note136 full-colour & 88 b&w illustrations
- Weight958 g
- Width171 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.