All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second edition of a well-received book that has been revised and updated to reflect the state of the art in laser and light source techlogy. After an initial chapter describing the latest understanding of laser physics and safety, subsequent chapters consider laser treatment of vascular lesions, laser treatment of pigmented lesions and tattoos, laser removal of unwanted hair, ablative and n-ablative fractional resurfacing, and use of laser treatment for medical purposes. The book is extremely practical and reader friendly. All chapters are very well illustrated, include quick and clear bullet points, and feature a homogeneous structure covering core concepts, currently available techlogies, indications and contraindications, an example of a consent form, and the author's personal treatment approaches. The authors are without exception world experts in the field from North America or Europe.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Goldberg, MD, graduated from Yale University School of Medicine in 1980 and subsequently gained certification in dermatology, immunodermatology, and Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology. He was appointed Chief of Dermatologic Surgery and Mohs' Surgery and Clinical Associate Professor at New Jersey Medical School before becoming Clinical Professor there in 2001. Since that date he has also been Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Director of Laser Research at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine. In addition, since 1996 he has been Adjunct Professor of Law at Fordham University School of Law. Among a number of honors and awards, Professor Goldberg received the First Annual Leon Goldman MD Memorial Award from the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery and in 2002 and 2004 received Presidential Citations from the American Academy of Dermatology. In 2010 he was named a Physician Honoree by the Sturge Weber Foundation. Professor Goldberg has served as President of the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery and has been a member of the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, the International Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery. He is the Chief Editor of the Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, a Consulting Editor for numerous other journals, and the author or co-author of over 150 journal articles as well as 15 books.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight492 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid J. Goldberg
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.