All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a fresh take on laser engineering, Laser Modeling: A Numerical Approach with Algebra and Calculus presents algebraic models and traditional calculus-based methods in tandem to make concepts easier to digest and apply in the real world. Each technique is introduced alongside a practical, solved example based on a commercial laser. Assuming some kwledge of the nature of light, emission of radiation, and basic atomic physics, the text: * Explains how to formulate an accurate gain threshold equation as well as determine small-signal gain * Discusses gain saturation and introduces a vel pass-by-pass model for rapid implementation of what if? scenarios * Outlines the calculus-based Rigrod approach in a simplified manner to aid in comprehension * Considers thermal effects on solid-state lasers and other lasers with new and efficient quasi-three-level materials * Demonstrates how the convolution method is used to predict the effect of temperature drift on a DPSS system * Describes the technique and techlogy of Q-switching and provides a simple model for predicting output power * Addresses n-linear optics and supplies a simple model for calculating optimal crystal length * Examines common laser systems, answering basic design questions and summarizing parameters * Includes downloadable Microsoft(R) Excel(TM) spreadsheets, allowing models to be customized for specific lasers Don't let the mathematical rigor of solutions get in the way of understanding the concepts. Laser Modeling: A Numerical Approach with Algebra and Calculus covers laser theory in an accessible way that can be applied immediately, and numerically, to real laser systems.
- Author BiographyMark Steven Csele is a full-time professor at Niagara College, Welland, Ontario, Canada. A physicist and professional engineer, he has taught for over 20 years at levels ranging from two-year technician to four-year undergraduate. Currently, he teaches photonics at Niagara College, which features an array of dedicated laboratories hosting a variety of laser systems. He has authored a previous book on fundamental laser concepts as well as several articles in magazines and trade encyclopedias.
- Author(s)Mark Steven Csele
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/04/2014
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note157 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.