Laser Modification of the Wettability Characteristics of Engineering Materials by Jonathan R. Lawrence, Lin Li (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $221.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $213.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe techniques available to engineers for the modification of a material's wettability characteristics are invariably extremely complex and difficult to control. The use of lasers, however, has been shown to provide a clean, accurate and versatile way of modifying and improving the wettability characteristics of a wide range of engineering materials. Lawrence and Li have amply demonstrated the pracitability of employing different types of lasers to effect changes in the wettability characteristics of a number of engineering materials of ceramics, metals and plastics for improved adhesion and bonding. Laser Modification of the Wettability Characteristics of Engineering Materials makes extensive and comparative studies of the behaviour and properties of composite, ceramic, metallic and polymeric materials. The final chapter, practical applications of the use of lasers in modifying material behaviour, is particularly useful as it puts this cutting edge research in industrial context. The authors have extended the scope of their industrially based research to present a very useful, coherent source for engineers. This volume should be of value to those engineers and materials techlogists working in industry or research institutions interested in the latest developments of property manipulation. Tribologists, surface techlogists, those concerned with protective coatings and bonding materials, as well as anyone interested in laser techlogy, opto-electronics, marking and laser engraving should find Laser Modification a useful guide.
- Author BiographyDR. JONATHAN LAWRENCE gained his PhD on laser materials processing from University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST). He has published many papers in the field. His current research interests include: laser modification of the wettability characteristics of bio-materials, laser treatment of building materials, and laser enamelling. PROFESSOR LIN LI is the director of the Laser Processing Research Centre at UMIST. His research interests include: laser machining and drilling, rapid prototyping, laser surface engineering, and mathematical modelling.
- Author(s)Jonathan R. Lawrence,Lin Li
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2000
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleEngineering Research Series (Rep)
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationBury St Edmunds
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfessional Engineering Publishing
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight942 g
- Width215 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.