Laser Satellite Communication: The Third Generation by Robert Sheldon, William H. Mott (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $165.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $65.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to the next generation of human telecommunications enterprise examines the development of laser satellite communications and describes its advantages over previous techlogies. It looks at the development of the techlogy and the industry through wired and wireless media and presents the vision, promise, and challenges of free-space lasers. The book balances its focused consideration of the telecommunications industry and markets with practical thoughts on creating a business involved in the introduction of commercial laser satellite communications systems. Scholars, investors, venture capitalists, policy makers, and corporate leaders will find this to be a comprehensive and eye-opening bridge between the existing telecommunications industry and the opportunities of the next generation. The opening chapters introduce the concepts of Migration, Specialization, and Interconnectivity as solutions inherent in third generation laser-satellite communications. The high capacity of the optical spectrum invites migration of applications beyond the narrow RF spectra to the high frequencies of free-space laser beams. Migration stimulates specialization of voice and duplex at the lower, optimal RF spectra. The third generation-laser-wired space-focuses around global satellite interconnectivity between fiber optics and RF. The final chapters introduce a model business concept to pioneer the third generation. Several approaches to capitalization, organization, techlogy development, and business strategies provide an exciting stimulus for pragmatic approaches to commercial concepts.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM H. MOTT IV has, in a 30 year career in the U.S. Army, observed, analyzed, and managed the interfaces between technology, industry, and government./e While teaching at the British Royal Military College of Science and consulting for international business, he focused his research and teaching on political/economic/technological relationships between international relations, foreign direct investment, military intervention, and technology transfer. ROBERT B. SHELDON is Associate Professor of Physics at the University of Alabama./e He has taught and done research in laser science, satellite design, and space physics at Boston University, 0he University of Bern, and the University of Maryland. ay /f Peter /i O. /r ldon /f L. /i Philip /r
- Author(s)Robert Sheldon,William H. Mott
- Date of Publication30/01/2000
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight654 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.