Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first detailed description in English of radiation and polymeric material interaction and the influences of thermal and optical material properties. As such, it provides comprehensive information on material and process characteristics as well as applications regarding plastic laser welding. The first part of this practical book introduces the structure and physical properties of plastics, before discussing the interaction of material and radiation in the NIR and IR spectral range. This is followed by an overview of the physical foundations of laser radiation and laser sources used for plastic welding. The third part describes the main processes of laser welding thermoplastics, as well as possibilities of process control, design of joint geometry, material compatibilities and adaptation of absorption of plastics to NIR radiation. Finally, the author explains applications of laser welding plastics using several industrial case studies from the automotive industry, household goods, and medical devices. Tailored to the needs of everyone dealing with laser welding of plastics, especially engineers in packaging, component manufacturing, and the medical industry.
- Author BiographyDr. Rolf Klein was educated as physicist at the University of Darmstadt and received his PhD in mechanical engineering from RWTH, Aachen. He worked at the Fraunhofer ILT, involved in R&D for laser processing polymers. Prior to starting his own business in July 2009, he held senior positions within a number of German laser companies, working for R&D of metal processing, system development as well as polymer welding with laser. For several years he worked for Gentex Corp., an US based company, as technical senior engineer in the field of absorbing additives for laser plastic welding and development of related processes. Rolf Klein has authored several scientific and technical publications with topics of laser material processing and laser system design. He is also a member of VDI and SPE and active in the DVS working group for plastic laser welding.
- Author(s)Rolf-Dieter Klein
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width177 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.