Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionLasers and Optical Fibre Communications is a self-contained book on lasers and fibre optics for physicists and engineering students at the introductory level. It presents the latest developments in laser techlogy in a concise and lucid manner. The first few chapters deal with the concepts such as lasers and their origin, theoretical concepts of laser techlogy and their applications to various spheres. This is followed up with an exhaustive study of the various laser schemes and different laser types. A separate chapter is devoted to the applications of laser techlogy in spheres such as science, techlogy, medicine and defence. Optical fibres are equally elegantly dealt with. In particular, Ray and Mode Theory, transmission characteristics, dispersion properties of optical wave guides, and the nature of detectors deserve special mention for the excellent treatment in the book. The gamut of communication systems including the nuances of laser propagation is also presented. The most important feature of the book is the seamless blending of theory with practice to bring out how the components of fibre systems are put together to achieve tech ecomic solution. The book concludes with a short te on holography and masers. This book will useful for students of B.Sc, M.Sc, B.Tech, B.E and M.Tech, practicing engineers and scientists.
- Author(s)P. Sarah
- PublisherI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Date of Publication09/07/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintI K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd
- Weight405 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.