Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone in the Yorkshire town of Greenall Bridge kws Lassie, the prize collie of miner Sam Carraclough and his son Joe. But when the family falls on hard times, Sam is forced to sell his dog to the Duke of Rudling, who takes her hundreds of miles away to his estate in Scotland. Undeterred by the distance and driven by instinctive love, Lassie escapes from her new owners and embarks on an epic journey to be reunited with her young master Joe. Will she survive the hardships of the long journey and the various dangers along the way?Based on the author's own childhood memories and filled with adventure and suspense, Lassie Come-Home - Eric Knight's best-loved vel and a huge best-seller, famously adapted into a 1943 Hollywood movie - is a timeless classic and one of the greatest dog stories ever written.
- Author BiographyBorn in Britain, Eric Knight (1897-1943) emigrated to the States as a teenager, where he wrote adult novels and stories for young readers, many of them set in his native Yorkshire, until his untimely death in a wartime accident.
- Author(s)Eric Knight
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Content Note20 black and white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gary Blythe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.