All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLast Airlift is the true story of the last Canadian airlift operation that left Saigon and arrived in Toronto on April 13, 1975. Son Thi Anh Tuyet was one of 57 babies and children on that flight. Based on personal interviews and enhanced with archive photos, Tuyet's story of the Saigon orphanage and her flight to Canada is an emotional and suspenseful journey brought to life by award-winning children's author, Marsha Skrypuch.
- Author BiographyMarsha Forchuk Skrypuch's award-winning books for young people include Last Airlift, a Red Cedar Information Book Award winner and OLA Red Maple Honour Book. Its sequel, One Step at a Time, won the OLA Silver Birch Non-Fiction Award. Her YA novel Dance of the Banished is a Junior Library Guild Selection for 2015. In 2008, in recognition of her outstanding achievement in the development Ukraine's culture, Marsha was awarded the Order of Princess Olha. She lives in Brantford, Ontario.
- PrizesWinner of Red Cedar Book Awards: Information Book 2013 and Red Cedar Book Awards: Non-Fiction 2012/2013. Runner-up for Forest of Reading Red Maple Non-Fiction Award 2013. Shortlisted for Cybils: Young Adult Fiction 2013 and Hamilton Arts Council Literary Awards: Children and Young Adult Book 2012 and Children's Literature Roundtables of Canada Information Book Award 2012.
- Author(s)Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch
- PublisherPajama Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPajama Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones, index
- Weight158 g
- Width146 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Reading AgeFrom 3
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.