All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionSt. Augustine, William's adapted hometown, is t as well kwn for its revelry or debauchery like Key West or New Orleans but since its founding 450 years ago, there have always been taverns where hungry and thirsty souls came for food, spirits, company and entertainment. Almost five centuries later, lights from the grog houses still beckon those who wish to come in from the night for more of the same. Whether it's called a bar, lounge, saloon, pub or tavern, Last Call, Selected Bar Prose, a compilation of twenty years of work chosen from fifteen different prose books written by William Williamson, captures the gauntlet of behavior and emotions, the conversations and moments that is found in places where people congregate to drink, sharing their life with friends and shedding their skin to strangers. Laughter, loneliness, longing, sadness, boredom, the possibility of someone entering your life or walking out of it, changing your yesterday, the good times we remember and the bad times we would like to forget, permeates throughout William's latest book of prose.
- Author BiographyWilliam Williamson is the author of SOME CAME FIRST and SOME CAME AFTER, the first two novels of his Florida Keys trilogy. The final novel, SOME CAME NAKED has a publication date for 2015. His short stories have been previously published in three Key West anthologies, Once Upon an Island, Beyond Paradise and Mango Summers featuring new Key West authors. He is also the author of a collection of short stories titled, Jack, Beans and Muffins and seventeen books of prose poetry. Bar Snatch Tonight We're Serving Insanity for Supper A Mere Miscellany of Midnight Madrigals Millennium Maladies Sixty Nine Poems on a Sundog Day A Killing Frost Falls Down Tonight Last Call, Selected Bar Prose After Hours, Selected Bar Prose Vol. II A Madness is Within Reach Inside of All of Us A Murmur Escaped from her Lips as his Hands Traced her Hips Accept No Presents and Give No Pardons, a Poet is on his Own At Odds with the Flavor of the Union First and Last Impressions from the Lost and Found Forgotten Notes from Nights of Ill-gotten Grandeur Last Night of the Orphan Poems Redundant Ruminations of a Hand Well Stroked You'll be my Monkey and I'll be the Proudest Palm Tree You ever Seen William's books are available in both paper and as E-books at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com. To read more of William's work, visit William Williamson.com and Poetscrib.com Check William out @Facebook.com William Williamson was born and raised in the Florida Keys where his family has lived in Key West and Islamorada for over a hundred and fifty years. Though proud of his Conch heritage, William currently resides in St. Augustine, Florida. Between writing fiction and prose poetry, working on completing revisions to SOME CAME NAKED, the third novel of his Florida Keys trilogy, following SOME CAME FIRST and SOME CAME AFTER, William, enjoys time with his son, Brandon, taking care of his botanical garden and koi ponds while raising two green iguanas with his adorable wife, Cocos.
- Author(s)William Williamson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Photographer(s)Scotty McWilliams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.