All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith unique and playful illustrations this multicultural children's book is a classic Japanese fairy tale that young children and parents alike will love. The Last Kappa of Old Japan is a warmly written and beautifully illustrated bilingual Japanese children's book that introduces many aspects of traditional Japanese culture and folklore, while teaching an important lesson about environmentalism. The story is of a young Japanese farm boy who develops a friendship with a mythical creature; the kappa; a messenger of the god of water. The tale begins in post-Modern Japan when the boy is young and the kappa is healthy and ends when the kappa, w the last one left on Earth, keeps an important promise to his human friend. A story of love, friendship, and adventure, readers of all ages will enjoy this picture book by award-winning author/illustrator, Sunny Seki. This bilingual edition includes Japanese text alongside the english, making it a great way for kids to lean Japanese.
- Author BiographySunny Seki received a BA photography in his native Japan and studied illustration at Pasadena Art Center College of Design. He is the author and illustrator of the award-winning books The Tale of the Lucky Cat and Yuko-Chan and the Daruma Doll. Sunny leads a Japanese poetry senryu group and spends much time retelling and illustrating Japanese folk tales.
- Author(s)Sunny Seki
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication04/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight476 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.