Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionOn April 30, 1975, for twenty-four straight harrowing hours, a small band of U.S. Marines exhibited exceptional bravery to evacuate thousands from Saigon as North Vietnamese forces surged toward the city. Based on a wealth of recently declassified documents and in-depth, firsthand accounts, Last Men Out is the pulse-pounding story of that day, told primarily through the courageous actions of the eleven men who were the last to be flown off the U.S. embassy roof, rescued from certain death just moments before capture. Among them: Marine Captain Gerry Berry, who piloted his helicopter for eighteen hours straight and had to forcibly carry off the American ambassador, and General Richard Carey, who insisted that he would arrest any officer who ordered choppers grounded while there were still Marines in Saigon. Bob Drury and Tom Clavin gained unprecedented access to the actual transmissions between helicopter pilots, officers, and officials in Saigon, secretly recorded by the National Security Agency, and have had the full cooperation of the eight surviving men of those last eleven. Last Men Out unfolds with all the heart-stopping urgency of the best thrillers-a riveting true story finally told, in full, by those who lived it.
- Author BiographyTom Clavin, a contributing writer for the New York Times for fifteen years, is the author of seven books, including Dark Noon: The Final Voyage of the Fishing Boat Pelican and Raising the Rainbow Generation. Bob Drury is a contributing editor and foreign correspondent for Men's Health magazine and the author, coauthor, or editor of seven nonfiction books, including The Rescue Season. Bronson Pinchot, Audible's 2010 Narrator of the Year, has won Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Awards, AudioFile Earphones Awards, Audible's Book of the Year Award, and Audie Awards for recent audiobooks, including Matterhorn and The Learners.
- Author(s)Bob Drury,Tom Clavin
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication03/05/2011
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date08/12/2016
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Bronson Pinchot
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time630
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.