All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionA new study of the international and local politics surrounding the Muslim mirity of Western Thrace (Greece) in the 1940s, based on previously unseen archival material. Addresses the mirity's complex identity, its relations with other communities in the area, the international diplomacy of WWII and strategic considerations of the Cold War.
- Author BiographyKEVIN FEATHERSTONE is the Eleftherios Venizelos Chair of Contemporary Greek Studies and the Director of the Hellenic Observatory at the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK. He has published widely on European and Greek politics. Two of his recent books are Politics and Policy in Greece (editor; 2005) and The Limits of Europeanization (with D. Papadimitriou, Palgrave Macmillan, 2008). DIMITRIS PAPADIMITRIOU is a Reader in European Politics at the University of Manchester, UK. His research interests focus on Greek politics, the Balkans and the European Union's external relations. His most recent books include The Limits of Europeanisation (with K. Featherstone, Palgrave Macmillan, 2008) and From Marginalisation to Membership (with D. Phinnemore; 2008) ARGYRIS MAMARELIS was a Research Associate of the Hellenic Observatory of the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK during 2006-8.His research interests include Modern Greek History, World War II History, Balkan History and Politics. He has made several contributions to academic journals, edited books and international conferences on Greek history in the 1940s. GEORGIOS NIARCHOS was a Research Associate of the Hellenic Observatory of the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK during 2006-8. His research interests include Greek-Turkish Relations, Balkan History and Minorities. He has made several contributions to academic journals, edited books and international conferences on minorities in Greece and Turkey.
- Author(s)Argyris Mamarelis,Dimitris Papadimitriou,Georgios Niarchos,Kevin Featherstone
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/01/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on South-East Europe
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight605 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.