All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSetting a precedent that has t been surpassed in more than a century, this full-length collection from a classic French symbolist poet explores an invative, organic form of free verse. Juxtaposing common objects with romantic ideals, this final work--penned by a dying man--abandons the literary conventions of the era, and instead utilizes experimental rhythmic patterns, psychological realism, and impressionistic language. Honest, shocking, and enthralling, Laforgue projects his ideas into uncharted territories of spiritual realms, sexual extremity, and the purity of despair. This intricate work is made accessible to modern readers through the elegant translation that captures the spirit of the original, while the original French is still available on facing pages.
- Author BiographyDonald Revell has won the PEN USA Award for Poetry twice and has won the Academy of American Poets Lenore Marshall Prize. He is a former fellow of the Ingram Merrill and Guggenheim Foundations. He lives in Las Vegas.
- Author(s)Jules Laforgue
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight176 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byDonald Revell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.