All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDebut velist Lisa Lewis Tyre vibrantly brings a small town and its outspoken characters to life, as she explores race and other community issues from both the Civil War and the present day. Lou might be only twelve, but she s never been one to take things sitting down. So when her Civil War-era house is about to be condemned, she s determined to save it either by getting it deemed a historic landmark or by finding the stash of gold rumored to be hidden nearby during the war. As Lou digs into the past, her eyes are opened when she finds that her ancestors ran the gamut of slave owners, renegades, thieves and abolitionists. Meanwhile, some incidents in her town show her that many Civil War era prejudices still survive and that the past can keep repeating itself if we let it. Digging into her past shows Lou that it s never too late to fight injustice, and she starts to see the real value of understanding and exploring her roots.
- Author BiographyLisa Lewis Tyre (www.lisalewistyre.com) grew up in the tiniest of towns in Tennessee. As a child, she heard a local legend of siblings that found enough Civil War gold in their field to pay off the family farm, and she and her friends spent many hours searching their own backyards for treasure. Lisa now lives in Atlanta and works in Advertising/Social Media consulting.
- Author(s)Lisa Lewis Tyre
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2017
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight340 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.91Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.