All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn August 18, 1945--three days after Japan anunced it would cease hostilities and surrender--US Army Air Forces Sergeant Anthony J. Marchione bled to death in the clear, bright sky above Tokyo. Based on official American and Japanese histories, personal memoirs, and the author's exclusive interviews with many of the story's key participants, Last to Die is a rousing untold tale of air combat, bravery, cowardice, hubris, and determination, all set during the turbulent and confusing final days of World War II.
- Author BiographyStephen Harding is the author of eight previous books, including the New York Times bestseller The Last Battle. He is a longtime journalist specializing in military affairs. For nearly two decades he was on the staff of Soldiers, the official magazine of the U.S. Army. Currently he is editor-in-chief of Military History magazine. He lives in Northern Virginia.
- Author(s)Stephen Harding
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note16 pages black-&-white photos
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.