All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe particular excitement of this volume lies in its focus on the everyday realities of Christians' lives in the era of Christian ascendancy and Roman decline. Popular fiction, childrearing and toys, rituals of inclusion, the beginning of veneration of saints and shunning of heretics, the ascetic impulse, food practices all these and more lend color and texture to the story of a people's Christianity in this formative stage.
- Author BiographyVirginia Burrus is Bishop W. Earl Ledden Professor of Religion at Syracuse University. She was previously professor of Early Church History at Drew University. She is author of numerous articles and four books: The Sex Lives of Saints: An Erotics of Ancient Hagiography (Pennsylvania, 2004), Begotten, Not Made : Conceiving Manhood in Late Antiquity (Stanford, 2000), The Making of a Heretic: Gender, Authority, and the Priscillianist Controversy, (California, 1995), and Chastity as Autonomy: Women in Stories of Apocryphal Acts (Mellen, 1987).
- Author(s)Virginia Burrus
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitlePeople's History of Christianity
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight667 g
- Width177 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.