All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLate Antique and Medieval Art of the Mediterranean World is a much-needed teaching anthology that rethinks and broadens the scope of the stale and limiting classifications used for Early Christian-Byzantine visual arts. * A comprehensive anthology offering a new approach to the visual arts classified as Early Christian-Byzantine * Comprised of essays from experts in the field that integrate the newer, historiographical research into 'the can' of established scholarship * Exposes the historical, geographical and cultural continuities and interactions in the visual arts of the late antique and medieval Mediterranean world * Covers an extensive range of topics, including the effect that converging cultures in late antiquity had on art, the cultural identities that can be observed by looking at difference of tradition in visual art, and the variance of illuminations in holy books
- Author BiographyEva R. Hoffman is Associate Professor and Faculty Coordinator for World Art Surveys at Tufts University.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleBlackwell Anthologies in Art History S.
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note50
- Weight994 g
- Width187 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byEva R. Hoffman
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.