Late Marxism: Adorno: Or, the Persistence of the Dialectic by Fredric Jameson (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
In the name of an assault on totalization and identity, a number of contemporary theorists have been busily washing Marxism's dialectical and utopian projects down the plug-hole of postmodernism and post-politics. A case in point is recent interpretation of one of the greatest twentieth-century philosophers, Theodor Ador. In this powerful book, Fredric Jameson proposes a radically different reading of Ador's work, especially of his major works on philosophy and aesthetics: Negative Dialectics and Aesthetic Theory.
Jameson argues persuasively that Ador's contribution to the development of Marxism remains unique and indispensable. He shows how Ador's work on aesthetics performs deconstructive operations yet is in sharp distinction to the w canical deconstructive genre of writing. He explores the complexity of Ador's very timely affirmation of philosophy of its possibility after the end of grand theory. Above all, he illuminates the subtlety and richness of Ador's continuing emphasis on late capitalism as a totality within the very forms of our culture. In its lucidity, Late Marxism echoes the writing of its subject, to whose critical, utopian intelligence Jameson remains faithful.
- Author BiographyFredric Jameson is Distinguished Professor of Comparative Literature at Duke University. He is the author of many works, including, from Verso, the classic Postmodernism, or, The Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism, the collection The Cultural Turn and Brecht and Method, A Singular Modernity: Essay on the Ontology of the Present, and Archaeologies of the Future.
- Author(s)Fredric Jameson
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight318 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31