All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe Armenian Gecide has lately attracted a lot of attention, despite the Turkish government's attempts at denial. It has been developed into a central obstacle to Turkey's entry into the European Union. As such it attracts the highest political and public attention. What is largely igred in the debate, however, is the fact that Armenians were t the only victims of the Young Turk's gecidal population policies. What is still largely forgotten is the murder, expulsion and deportation of other ethnic groups like Assyrians, Greeks, Kurds and Arabs by the Young Turks. This t only increases the number of victims, but also changes the perspective on the foundation of modern Turkey and as such on modern Turkish history more generally. The Thematic Issue of the JGR, the republication of which is proposed here, is the first publication, which addresses these wider issues. It contributes t only to our understanding of the Young Turks' population and extermination policies in all its complexities and so helping to bring the forgotten victims' stories back into gecide scholarship, but to our understanding of modern Turkey more generally. It is an indispensable tool for everybody interested in one of the great historical controversies of our time. This book was published as a special issue of the Journal of Gecide Research.
- Author BiographyDominik J. Schaller is Editor of the Journal of Genocide Research and Assistant Professor at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. Jurgen Zimmerer is Editor of the Journal of Genocide Research. He is also Reader in International History and Director of the Centre for the Study of Genocide and Mass Violence at the University of Sheffield.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight204 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byDominik J. Schaller,Jurgen Zimmerer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.