All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrehistoric Florida societies, particularly those of the peninsula, have been largely igred or given only mir consideration in overviews of the Mississippian southeast (A.D. 1000-1600). This groundbreaking volume lifts the veil of uniformity frequently draped over these regions in the literature, providing the first comprehensive examination of Mississippi-period archaeology in the state. Featuring contributions from some of the most prominent researchers in the field, this collection describes and synthesizes the latest data from excavations throughout Florida. In doing so, it reveals a diverse and vibrant collection of cleared-field maize farmers, part-time gardeners, hunter-gatherers, and coastal and riverine fisher/shellfish collectors who formed a distinctive part of the Mississippian southeast.
- Author BiographyKeith Ashley is coordinator of archaeological research and instructor of anthropology at the University of North Florida, USA. Nancy Marie White, professor of anthropology at the University of South Florida, USA is author of Archaeology for Dummies and editor of Gulf Coast Archaeology.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- Series TitleFlorida Museum of Natural History: Ripley P.Bullen Series
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note25 black & white photographs, 35 maps
- Weight525 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKeith Ashley,Nancy Marie White
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.