All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionSome small town secrets need to be told . . . Stealing the family car is t 14-year-old Darby Fletcher's brightest idea-even if helping best friend Keaton is the motive. When the plan backfires, Darby's life collides with Crazy Rainey Shaw and her sidekick, a parrot named Hallelujah. The sentence: community service hours helping the heiress transform the old Shaw mansion into a bed & breakfast. During revation, Darby discovers an unpopular classmate hiding in the attic. Confronted with feelings she'd rather igre, Darby is torn between Keaton's quest for popularity and helping Peyton-loner, thief, and outcast. Like Crazy Rainey's stories of the late summer monarch, Peyton cant soar without finding shelter. Will Darby befriend Peyton despite the cost?
- Author BiographyAfter reading Lousia May Alcott's Little Men as a preteen, Angela Welch Prusia knew two things: 1. she wanted to write, and 2. she wanted to help at-risk teens. When she is not writing, she and her husband volunteer with Teen Reach Adventure Camp, a summer camp program for foster teens. A portion of Late Summer Monarch and BRAiN RIDE will help more teens attend camp. Three students inspired Late Summer Monarch after a suicide rocked the community where Angela spent her first year teaching. As residents searched for answers, Angela watched her students respond to the tension which unfolded in the seemingly idyllic small town. Years later, Angela and her husband began working with foster teens where she came face to face with the ugly reality of abuse. Peyton's story began to unfold, intertwining with the experiences from Angela's first year of teaching, and Late Summer Monarch was birthed. BRAiN RIDE was inspired by Angela's bike ride across Nebraska in the summer of 1999. Freezing early morning rides and road hazards provided real-life conflict. Long miles gave Angela time to know the characters in her head. She hopes you will love Logan and Jason as much as she does. If you learn a little something about the challenges of life with traumatic brain injuries, thank a soldier-many are suffering in silence today. When she is not writing, Angela loves to travel (and enjoy bed and breakfasts), swim, bike, read and spend time with her family. If you enjoyed Late Summer Monarch or BRAiN RIDE, please stop by Amazon and write a review. Also look for soon-to-be-released Tandem. Find out more at www.angelawelchprusia.com.
- Author(s)Angela Welch Prusia
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.