All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume gathers refereed papers presented at the 1994 UCLA conference on La- tent Variable Modeling and Application to Causality. The meeting was organized by the UCLA Interdivisional Program in Statistics with the purpose of bringing together a group of people who have done recent advanced work in this field. The papers in this volume are representative of a wide variety of disciplines in which the use of latent variable models is rapidly growing. The volume is divided into two broad sections. The first section covers Path Models and Causal Reasoning and the papers are invations from contributors in disciplines t traditionally associated with behavioural sciences, (e. g. computer science with Judea Pearl and public health with James Robins). Also in this section are contri- butions by Rod McDonald and Michael Sobel who have a more traditional approach to causal inference, generating from problems in behavioural sciences. The second section encompasses new approaches to questions of model selection with emphasis on factor analysis and time varying systems. Amemiya uses nlinear factor analysis which has a higher order of complexity associated with the identifiability condi- tions. Muthen studies longitudinal hierarchichal models with latent variables and treats the time vector as a variable rather than a level of hierarchy. Deleeuw extends exploratory factor analysis models by including time as a variable and allowing for discrete and ordi- nal latent variables. Arminger looks at autoregressive structures and Bock treats factor analysis models for categorical data.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/01/1997
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 120
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight920 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byM. Berkane
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.