Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work explores the institutional contexts in which the language was adopted and transmitted as well as the privilege it came to confer on those that studied it. Waquet demonstrates how Latin became a symbol of status and ultimately shows that rather than disappearing this has given way to a stalgic exoticism such that water companies and car-models w use Latin names.
- Author BiographyFrancoise Waquet is a director of research at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique in Paris. Among her books are Latin, and in French, Les fetes royales sous la Restauration ou l'Ancien Regime retrouve and La Republique des Lettres (with Hans Bots).
- Author(s)Francois Waquet
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication23/05/2001
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight696 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Translated byJohn Howe
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.