All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces readers to the evolution of modern fiction in Spanish--speaking Latin America. * Presents Latin American fiction in its cultural and political contexts. * Introduces debates about how to read this literature. * Combines an overview of the evolution of modern Latin American fiction with detailed studies of key texts. * Discusses authors such as Mario Vargas Llosa, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Jorge Luis Borges and Isabel Allende. * Covers nation--building narratives, 'modernismo', the New Novel, the Boom, the Post--Boom, Magical Realism, Hispanic fiction in the USA, and more.
- Author BiographyPhilip Swanson is Professor of Hispanic Studies at the University of Sheffield. He has published widely in the area of Spanish and Latin American studies, including books on the New Novel, the Post--Boom, Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Jose Donoso. He has taught in universities in Europe and the USA.
- Author(s)Philip Swanson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Introductions to Literature
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note3
- Weight242 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.