All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLatina/o Canadian Theatre and Performance is a foundational collection of essays establishing the field of Latina/o theatre and performance studies in Canada, showcasing the work of leading and emerging scholars in North America who take a hemispheric perspective in their examination of Canadian Latinidad. Featuring exciting and provocative new essays by leading and emerging scholars in Canada and the US, this foundational collection begins a conversation about Latina/o theatre and performance in Canada. The essays query the contours and characteristics of latinidad in Canada's performance spaces within a complex network of hemispheric relations and transnational migrations. While the discipline has witnessed a hemispheric turn in the study of theatre and performance in the Americas, Canada has had limited inclusion in this body of scholarship. In their examinations of the groundbreaking work of companies and artists such as Alberto Kurapel, Guillermo Verdecchia, Carmen Aguirre, Aluna Theatre, and PUENTE Theatre, these essays invite us to think more inclusively about the hemisphere and the plurality of the Americas that lie beyond US borders. Contributors include: Natalie Alvarez, Alicia Arrizon, Hugh Hazelton, Ric Kwles, Martha Nandorfy, Jimena Ortuzar, Jeannine M. Pitas, Pablo A. Ramirez, Jessica Riley, Ramon H. Rivera-Servera, Tamara Underiner, and Guillermo Verdecchia.
- Author BiographyNatalie Alvarez is an associate professor at Brock University's Department of Dramatic Arts where she teaches in the Theatre Praxis concentration. Her work on contemporary performance, performance theory, and Latina/o theatre has appeared in a number of periodicals such as Theatre Journal, Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism, and Janus Head, as well as in national and international essay collections. Her current SSHRC- funded book project, Enactments of Difference, examines simulations, interculturalism, and performance in military training and dark tourism. She also serves as co-editor of the Canadian Theatre Review 's Views and Reviews.
- PublisherPlaywrights Canada Press
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPlaywrights Canada Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byNatalie Alvarez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.