All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn one of the most rapidly growing areas of literary study, this volume provides the first comprehensive guide to teaching Lati/a literature in all variety of learning environments. Essays by internationally rewned scholars offer an array of approaches and methods to the teaching of the vel, short story, plays, poetry, autobiography, testimonial, comic book, children and young adult literature, film, performance art, and multi-media digital texts, among others. The essays provide conceptual vocabularies and tools to help teachers design courses that pay attention to: * Issues of form across a range of storytelling media * Issues of content such as theme and character * Issues of historical periods, linguistic communities, and regions * Issues of institutional classroom settings The volume invatively adds to and complicates the broader humanities curriculum by offering new possibilities for pedagogical practice.
- Author BiographyFrederick Luis Aldama is Arts and Humanities Distinguished Professor of English at the Ohio State University, USA, where he is also Director of the Latino Studies Program and founder and director of Latino and Latin American Studies Space for Enrichment and Research (LASER).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byFrederick Luis Aldama
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.