All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the Proceedings of'the International Workshop Lattice Gauge Theory 1986 , held at Brookhaven National Laboratory, September 15 - 19, 1986. The meeting was the sequel to the one held at Wuppertal in 1985, the Proceedings of which have appeared in the same Plenum series. During the past few years, a considerable number of meetings on lat- tice gauge theory have been held, on both sides of the Atlantic. With our workshop, through early planning and coordination with other prospective organizers, we tried to channel this activity into one major yearly meeting. For 1986, these efforts were successful, and it is our hope that a pattern has been set for the coming years. One result, however, was that the number of participants considerably exceeded that rmally found at NATO Advanced Research Workshops. This year, a nucleus of NATO-supported experts induced a large number of further interested specialists to obtain their own funds - thus greatly amplifying the impact of the event. The topics covered at the workshop ranged from hadron spectra to strong interaction thermo- dynamics; they included spontaneous symmetry breaking and Higgs models, rermalization group methods, as well as many contributions on various possible schemes for the simulation of dynamical quarks. First systematic applications of finite size scaling to lattice gauge theory were discussed, and the approach to the continuum limit was considered in detail.
- Author(s)Helmut Satz,Isabel Harrity,Jean Potvin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number159
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.