All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWidely regarded as the foremost poet writing today in the Gaelic language, MacNeacail casts his eye on love, aging, memory, language, politics and landscape in this masterful bilingual collection. Demonstrating MacNeacail's usual tight mastery of form and beautifully controlled rhythm, this collection, published to mark the poet's seventieth birthday, is a celebration of the best of contemporary Scottish poetry.
- Author BiographyAonghas MacNeacail was born in Uig on Skye in 1942. He is a poet and songwriter, journalist, researcher, broadcaster, scriptwriter and filmmaker. He has published collections of poems in both Gaelic and English, and his writing has appeared in literary journals in Scotland and worldwide. He has had poetry broadcast on radio and television, has given readings throughout Scotland and has toured and published extensively abroad. He was winner of the 2006 Gaelic Prize of the Wigtown Poetry Competition for his poem 'An fhior bheinn', and in 2007 was among the prize-winners of the major Ireland-based Strokestown International Poetry Competition.
- Author(s)Aonghas MacNeacail
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication06/06/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Out-of-print date26/10/2016
- Content Noteill
- Weight299 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.