All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the publication of her first book, The Little House in the Big Woods (1932), Laura Ingalls Wilder became an almost overnight success as a writer of children's literature. This reference is a comprehensive compilation of works and research done on her from the first appearance of commentary to mid-1995. Citations are included for books, booklets, articles, theses, dissertations, and book reviews, and the antations discuss the contents of these works. Entries are grouped in chapters devoted to critical works, biographical works, teaching studies and materials, teaching kits, serial publications, and book reviews. A brief introduction overviews the present state of Wilder studies, and detailed indexes conclude the volume. With the publication of her first book, The Little House in the Big Woods (1932), Laura Ingalls Wilder became an almost overnight success as a writer of children's literature. Her series of books consisting of autobiographical fiction have long been considered classics in the United States and have been translated into a large number of languages for their gradual migration into other countries as well. Early book reviews and articles began to comment on the importance and quality of her writings. The amount of criticism has escalated tremendously, and recent research and study have focused on the value of her works for all age groups. Because of Wilder's popularity as a children's author, her works are taught in schools and curriculum units have been designed to incorporate her writings. This reference book provides a comprehensive compilation of works and research done on Wilder from the first appearance of commentary to mid-1995. Included are citations for books, booklets, theses, dissertations, articles, and book reviews, and the antations discuss the contents of the works. Entries are arranged in several sections to promote useful access to the materials. A brief introduction provides an overview of Wilder studies and indicates some areas where more research is needed, and several indexes enhance the accessibility of the information.
- Author BiographyJANE M. SUBRAMANIAN is a member of the library faculty at F. W. Crumb Memorial Library, State University of New York College at Potsdam, where she presently serves as music cataloger and reference librarian.
- Author(s)Jane M. Subramanian
- Date of Publication14/01/1997
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in American Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 24.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteindexes
- Weight376 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.