All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionLaura! is a fictionalized story of Laura Boult of St. Maurice, Louisiana. She left her small town and went to the big city in 1900 after having four boys with two different common-law husbands. In 1905, after being fired by the famous Schubert Brothers of Broadway fame, she left New York in disgrace with an all-black dance troupe headed to Paris, France. It was in Paris that she met the handsome Francoise Goldman who taught her how to drop her strap and step out of her tap pants to fame and fortune, the likes of which she had never imagined. In 1940, just days before the Germans invaded Paris, Laura, Francoise, and their daughter fled for their lives, arriving in New York with little more than the clothes they carried in their suitcases. While in New York, they worked at whatever jobs that were offered them. Laura returned to a liberated Paris in 1948 where, with the help of her former stage manger Jules Eitenne, she regained both her fame and her fortune.
- Author BiographyTracey Richardson was born Celestine Sands in 1947 in Marshall, Texas. She moved to Dallas as a single mom in 1970. She was always an avid reader, well rounded in various genres, especially historical novels. She has been writing since she was 16 as a way to cope under stressful situations. She has turned many of life's challenges into fictional works with strong leading women characters. In 2010, knowing that retirement was on the horizon, she started pulling together this body of work. It was at that time, she decided to undertake a major writing project involving one of her ancestors - Florestine Boult. She has completed a historical novel about Florestine which was published in 2012. Tracey's fourth novel is Laura! It is an account of one of Florestine's granddaughters who chose to live out her life as a burlesque dancer in Paris. Tracey shows us the Paris of the 1920's, the fall of Paris to the Germans in 1940, Laura and her family's desperate flight before the Germans, Laura's subsequent return to Paris, and her illustrious career afterwards. Tracey is sure you will enjoy this amazing fictionalized tale of her great-grandmother and invites you to watch for it in online and bricks-and-mortar bookstores in April of this year.
- Author(s)Tracey Richardson
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.