All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a true story about a remarkable Staffordshire bull terrier called Laurel. Laurel first came to live with me about seven years ago and this book t only goes through the happy times but also the t so happy. Although Laurel herself is t in the best of health - something I will always partly blame myself for - she never ceases to make people smile. She has helped me through some pretty traumatic times in her short lifetime and at the end of day a smile is never far away when Laurel is around. The book traces the early days, training sessions, rewards, responsibilities, laughter and sadly the all too frequent visits to the vet's. Also, while writing this book, instances from my childhood re-emerged with certain things I had never discussed with anyone before w. The book also traces the closeness I feel towards my parents and my Grandparents who w, sadly, are longer with us. Anybody who has, or who has ever 'owned' a pet will find so much they can relate to in this book and in these days where animal cruelty tragically appears to be on the increase it is refreshing to read that most humans really do care for animals. Also after reading this book I hope to paint a truer picture of the ' Staffie' and show just how sensitive this particular breed can be towards it's human friends. There was only one title I could give this book:
- Author BiographyI was born in Norwich, Norfolk, England in May 1961 and grew up on a local council estate in Norwich. I have a twenty four year old son called Steven who lives in Wickford, Essex. I now live on the outskirts of Norwich with my partner Christine and her daughter Emma (and of course our dog and cat, Laurel and Harri) and being a true 'Norwich lad' I can never envisage myself leaving this fine city. I have always had a love for animals even as a young child and as the years progressed my concern for them has developed. I have a real concern for the endangered animals on our planet especially the primate variety. The, now almost extinct Mountain Gorilla's in Rwanda and the endangered Orang-utan's to name but two. This love of animals has lead me to do some volunteer work at a local animal sanctuary and to try to help out various other animal organisations where possible. Laurel - Everyone's Best Friend is the first book I have written and I must say it gave me immense pleasure in doing so. Will there be anymore? - Who knows?
- Author(s)Steve Moore
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication03/06/2004
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.