All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1800's Hawaii - a young Portuguese sailor, wrongfully cast into the sea by his shipmates, is left for dead. Floating ashore onto the Big Island of Hawaii, Jonah Pessoa finds himself enmeshed in the brutal tribal warfare which is engulfing the island. A forbidden love, an ancient prophecy, and his own inner conflict (between belief in the primeval gods of Hawaii and belief in the Christian God) play out in the troubled life of the orphaned young man, living and fighting amongst a people foreign to him. A massive volcanic eruption tips the balance of power, culminating in a final battle which pits the young outcast and his pregnant bride against the very man who once saved his life. The cruel slaughter which ensues puts an end to the warfare, terminating any hope of a continuing bloodline which might challenge the mighty King Kamehameha...or did it? Never found among the slain bodies was the half-breed child which royal princess Lilena carried within her, the daughter which Jonah Pessoa fought so desperately to preserve. This historically accurate vel also serves to explain the causes of the pararmal activities which still erupt on the Big Island, from the royal heiau at Puu Kohala to the secret caves which pocket the lava strewn coast of the Puna district, considered to be one of the most haunted, or forbidden, areas of the Big Island.
- Author BiographyDavid Allee was born in Oroville, California. Despite having lived in Brasil, Hawaii, Idaho, Georgia, and Missouri, he chose to re-locate back to Northern California where he makes his home (less than an hour's drive from the location where he was born). He has earned four degrees over a period of 20 years including degrees in Biblical Studies, International Business, and a Masters degree in Public Administration. A rich and varied career has included service as an ordained member of the clergy (serving as a church Pastor), managing a non-profit organization, serving as the Executive Director for a professional business-member Association, and executive consulting for both the State of California and the private sector. He currently works for a social service agency in Northern California while continuing to write historical novels which provide the explanation and background for haunted sites and other locations where paranormal activity regularly occurs. David is an avid outdoorsman and, when not either working or writing, enjoys fly-fishing and hunting. He is also a fan of World Cup soccer, professional boxing, the symphony orchestra, and enjoys oil painting.
- Author(s)David D Allee
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.