All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Canada's best-loved sleuths returns in her sixth hair-raising adventure. Victims' advocate Camilla MacPhee is following the trial of Lloyd Brugel, a ruthless criminal kingpin charged with a fatal firebombing. Shes looking forward to seeing him convicted, but when his sleazy counsel is found dead, it conveniently delays the proceedings. The lawyer, saint himself, was drowned and shot. In case that message was too subtle, an old joke featuring dead lawyers shows up. Camilla soon learns the victim was t the only member of the Ottawa legal profession whose death was heralded by a tasteless attempt at humour. Is Brugel reaching from behind the bars of the regional detention centre to manipulate his trial and to exact revenge? Camilla does her stubborn best to head off the killer, hampered by her anying assistant, the police, her bossy sisters and the arrival of her possible stepdaughters-to-be for the Dragon Boat Races.
- Author BiographySince best-selling author Mary Jane Maffini was a 1999 double-nominee for the Crime Writers' of Canada Arthur Ellis awards, her superb storytelling skills have been recognized with numerous short-listing and awards. Her story But the Corpse Can't Laugh made the top ten in the Readers' Choice awards in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine. She is also the author of several other mysteries including Speak Ill of the Dead, The Icing on the Corpse, and Little Boy Blues. A native of Sydney, Nova Scotia, she is a lapsed librarian and a former mystery bookstore owner.
- Author(s)Mary Jane Maffini
- PublisherNapoleon Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintNapoleon Publishing
- Weight300 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.