All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionPrompted by the de facto secession of Crimea in early 2014, Law, Territory and Conflict Resolution explores the role of law in territorial disputes, and therefore sheds light on the legal 'realities' in territorial conflicts. Seventeen scholars with backgrounds in comparative constitutional law and international law critically reflect on the well-established assumption that law is 'part of the solution' in territorial conflicts and ask whether the law cant equally be 'part of the problem'. The volume examines theory, practice, legislation and jurisprudence from various case studies, thus offering further insights on the following complex issue: can law act as an effective instrument for the governance of territorial disputes and conflicts?
- Author BiographyMatteo Nicolini, Ph.D (2005), University of Verona, is Assistant Professor of Comparative Public Law at the University of Verona and Researcher at the Institute for Studies on federalism and Regionalism at the European Academy of Bolzano/Bozen (EURAC). He is author of several publications in Italian, Spanish and English. Francesco Palermo, Ph.D (1998), University of Innsbruck, is Head of the Institute for Studies on Federalism and Regionalism at the European Academy of Bolzano/Bozen (EURAC) and Professor of Comparative Public Law at the University of Verona. He has over 200 publications in several languages, including 10 monographs, particularly in comparative, Italian and European constitutional law, minority rights, cross-border cooperation, federalism and regionalism. Enrico Milano, Ph.D (2004), London School of Economics, is Associate Professor of International Law at the University of Verona, where he teaches international law and the law of international organizations. He has written extensively in the field of public international law, especially on the management and settlement of territorial disputes.
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Territorial and Cultural Diversity Governance
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight714 g
- Width152 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEnrico Milano,Francesco Palermo
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.