All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.49
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.16
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.90
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $28.13
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.78
- AU $30.44Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.41
About this product
- Description'This fourth edition is an essential reference for all natural health care practitioners. As well as the comprehensive information from earlier editions, it contains important updates regarding the new National Health Practitioner legislation and recent consumer law cases.' - Adjunct Associate Professor Kerry Bone, Australian College of Phytotherapy and University of New England. Established as the most widely used reference in the field, Law and Ethics in Complementary Medicine is a comprehensive handbook for professionals, students and researchers. Covering a wide range of complementary modalities, it deals with legal and ethical issues in clinical relationships and provides practical guidelines for setting up and running a professional practice. Michael Weir systematically outlines the various aspects of the law which impact on clinical practice, including legal obligations to clients, consumer legislation and complaints processes, and professional boundaries. He explains how to navigate professional indemnity insurance, and the steps you need to take in setting up a professional practice from establishing a business name to dealing with employees. He also outlines the role of codes of ethics, and explores how to deal with tricky ethical issues in daily practice. This fourth edition is fully updated and addresses recent changes in regulation and case law, including the introduction of national boards to cover each registered health profession in Australia. For the first time it also covers aspects of regulation of complementary medicine modalities in New Zealand.
- Author BiographyMichael Weir is Professor of Law at Bond University, Queensland. He has trained in therapeutic massage and has a doctorate in law focused on the regulation of complementary medicine. He has taught complementary medicine students on legal and ethical issues for over twenty years.
- Author(s)Michael Weir
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication24/06/2011
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2011
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight585 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement4th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.