Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
About this product
- DescriptionAn invaluable support for learning throughout all levels of training, this book introduces the key legal, ethical and professional principles guiding nursing and healthcare practice. Illustrating clearly how legal and ethical principles interplay and inform professional development, Graham Avery focuses directly on the vital areas - such as negligence, consent, confidentiality, and professional conduct - that healthcare students and practitioners need to understand in order to practice safely and ethically. Adopting a very practical, accessible approach, central themes and arguments are highlighted with real and fictional case studies which will help readers connect the often 'dry' topics of law and ethics to their own work with patients. End-of-chapter exercises also serve to encourage critical thinking and to challenge opinion. With further chapters covering more specific areas such as mental health law, end-of-life decisions, and children's law, this will be an indispensable resource for all nursing and healthcare students and practitioners.
- Author BiographyGraham Avery is Lecturer at the University of Essex.
- Author(s)Graham Avery
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.