All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of ancient law has blossomed in recent years. In English alone there have been dozens of studies devoted to classical Greek and Roman law, to the Roman legal codes, and to the legal traditions of the ancient Near East among many other topics. Legal documents written on papyrus began to be published in some abundance by the end of the nineteenth century; but even after substantial publication history, legal papyri have t received due attention from legal historians. This book blends the two usually distinct juristic scholarly traditions, classical and Egyptological, into a coherent presentation of the legal documents from Egypt from the Ptolemaic to the late Byzantine periods, all translated and accompanied by expert commentary. The volume will serve as an introduction to the rich legal sources from Egypt in the later phases of its ancient history as well as a tool to compare legal documents from other cultures.
- Author BiographyJames G. Keenan is Professor of Classical Studies at Loyola University Chicago. J. G. Manning is the Simpson Professor of Classics and History at Yale University. Uri Yiftach-Firanko is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Classics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus. 2 maps 1 table
- Weight1000 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byJ. G. Manning,James G. Keenan,Uri Yiftach-Firanko
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.