Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIs there a place for religious language in the public square? Which institution of government is best suited to deciding whether religion should influence law? Should states be required to treat religion and n-religion in the same way? How does the historical role of religion in a society influence the modern understanding of the role of religion in that society? This volume of essays examines the nature and scope of engagements between law and religion, addressing fundamental questions such as these. Contributors range from eminent scholars working in the fields of law and religion to important new voices who add vital and original ideas. From conservative to liberal, doctrinal to post-modernist and secular to religious, each contributor brings a different approach to the questions under discussion, resulting in a lively, passionate and thoughtful debate that adds light rather than heat to this complex area.
- Author BiographyPeter Cane is Professor of Law at the Australian National University College of Law. He is also a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy and a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia. Carolyn Evans is Deputy Director of the Centre for Comparative Constitutional Studies and Associate Dean (Research) at Melbourne Law School. Zoe Robinson is an early career researcher, having earned a J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School in 2008.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2008
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCarolyn Evans,Peter Cane,Zoe Robinson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.