All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully updated third edition of Law in Perspectivefocuses on a range of powerful critical thinking tools drawn from logic, science, ethics, and political and social theory. Sections on terrorism and refugee law have been expanded, climate change is discussed throughout, and new chapters have been added on law and Indigeus people, lawyers' ethics and corporate power. The book considers the relationship between legal theory, social theory and empirical research methods, as a guide for students taking on higher degrees in legal research. It also analyses key theories of the nature and social role of law, including legal positivism, natural law theory and Marxist theory of law.
- Author BiographyMichael Head is Professor of Law at Western Sydney University. Scott Mann is Associate Professor in the School of Law at Western Sydney University. He has written several books. Ingrid Matthews is a Lecturer with the School of law and Researcher at the Institute for Culture and Society at Western Sydney University. She was the 2007 recipient of the NSW Bar Association Human Rights Law Prize.
- Author(s)Dr. Scott Mann,Ingrid Matthews,Michael Head
- PublisherNewSouth Publishing
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNewSouth Publishing
- Weight630 g
- Width150 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.46Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.