Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe Origin and Development of Islamic Law. A committee from The Middle East Institute, led by George Camp Keiser, Chairman of the Board of Goverrs, enlisted outstanding authorities on Middle East law to contribute chapters on specific topics. Includes an extensive glossary of Islamic legal terms. With a foreword by Robert H. Jackson (Associate Justice, Supreme Court of the United States). Majid Khadduri [1909-2007] was a Professor of Middle East Studies at the School of Advanced International Studies of The Johns Hopkins University and Director of Research and Education at the Middle East Institute in Washington, D. C. He was the author of several books in English and Arabic on Middle Eastern affairs, including War and Peace in the Law of Islam.Herbert J. Liebesny [1911-1985] was a member of the Advisory Board of the Middle East Journal and author of The Government of French North Africa and Foreign Legal Systems: A Comparative Analysis.
- PublisherLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byHerbert J Liebesny,University Distinguished Research Professor Majid Khadduri
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.