All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLaw in the Pursuit of Development critically explores the relationships between contemporary principles and practice in law and development. Including papers by internationally rewned, as well as emerging, scholars and practitioners, the book is organized around the three liberal principles which underlie current efforts to direct law towards the pursuit of development. First, that the private sector has an important role to play in promoting the public interest; second, that widespread participation and accountability are essential to any large scale enterprise; and third, that the rule of law is a fundamental building block of development. This insightful and provocative collection, in which contributors critique both the principles and efforts to implement them in practice, will be of considerable interest to students, academics and practitioners with an interest in the fields of law and development, international ecomic law, and law and globalization.
- Author BiographyAmanda Perry-Kessaris is Professor of Law at the University of Kent, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2009
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw, Development and Globalization
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAmanda Perry Kessaris
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.