Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe book attempts to critically analyse the cases on the law of copyright, decided by the Indian Courts as well as Courts of other countries, specially English and American Courts. The book also evaluates the relation between statutory copyright law as well as case law on the subject. The book is divided into ten chapters. Chapter 1 is introductory, while Chapters 2 and 3 discuss the origin and development of law of copyright at international as well as national level. The most important debatable issue in copyright law is works in which copyright subsists , and Chapter 4 is devoted to this aspect. Chapter 5 explores various issues relating to author of work, owner of copyright and recognised rights of copyright owner. The terms of copyright, licensing of copyright, international copyright and registration of copyright are the subject matters of Chapter 6, while rights of broadcasting organisation and of performers (neighbouring rights) are the subject matters of Chapter 7. Internet is the greatest communication medium of the contemporary era, and there is an inherent link between law of copyright and internet. Therefore, Chapter 8 is devoted to discuss various issues relating to protection of copyright in internet . While Chapter 9 demonstrates the law relating to infringement of copyright and defences of copyright liability, Chapter 10 discusses the enforcement of copyright in India. This book will be useful to the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Law, researchers, academicians, jurists, lawyers, judges as well as members of civil society.
- Author BiographyJatindra Kumar Das, Ph.D. (Banaras Hindu University), is Associate Professor, Department of Law and Secretary, Faculty of Law at the University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India. He has 15 years of experience in teaching as well as professional experience in the field of Legal Research. He has been a member of various academic and government bodies. He has also authored many books on Law subject, the recent being Code of Civil Procedure, published by PHI Learning.
- Author(s)Jatindra Kumar Das
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.