Lawless: The Obama Administration's Unprecedented Assault on the Constitution and the Rule of Law by David E. Bernstein (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Lawless, George Mason University law professor David E. Bernstein provides a lively, scholarly account of how the Obama administration has undermined the Constitution and the rule of law. Lawless documents how President Barack Obama has presided over one constitutional debacle after ather--Obamacare; unauthorized wars in the Middle East; attempts to strip property owners, college students, religious groups, and conservative political activists of their rights; and many more. Violating his own promises to respect the Constitution's separation of powers, Obama brazenly igres Congress when it won't rubber-stamp his initiatives. We can't wait, he intones when amending Obamacare on the fly or signing a memo legalizing millions of illegal immigrants, as if Congress doing its job as a coequal branch of government somehow permits the president to rule like a dictator, free from the Constitution's checks and balances. President Obama has also presided over the bold and rampant lawlessness of his underlings. Harry Truman famously said, The buck stops here. When confronted with allegations that his administration's actions are illegal, Obama responds, So sue me. Lawless shows how President Obama has betrayed t only the Constitution but also his own stated principles. In the process, he has done serious and potentially permanent damage to our constitutional system. As America swings into election season, it will have to grapple with finding a president who can repair Obama's lawless legacy.
- Author BiographyDavid E. Bernstein is the George Mason University Foundation Professor at the George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia, where he has been teaching constitutional law and other subjects since 1995. He is the author of several books, most recently Rehabilitating Lochner: Defending Individual Rights against Progressive Reform. Professor Bernstein blogs at the Volokh Conspiracy, hosted by the Washington Post.
- Author(s)David E. Bernstein
- PublisherEncounter Books,USA
- Date of Publication17/11/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEncounter Books,USA
- Weight471 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byTed Cruz
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.