Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.90Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 1 Feb
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The best life of Lawrence yet published' - The Express Lawrence was a brilliant propagandist, rhetorician and manipulator, who deliberately turned his life into a conundrum. But who was the real man behind the masks? Lawrence began the GreatWar as a map-clerk and ended it as one of the greatest military heroes of the 20th century. He altered the face of the Middle East, helped to lead the Arabs to freedom and formulated modern guerilla warfare. Yet he refused any hours and spent therest of his life in near obscurity. Desert explorer and Arabist, Michael Asher, set out to solve this riddle and discovers a hero whose greatness owed as much to his weaknesses as to his strengths.
- Author BiographyMichael Asher has served in the Parachute Regiment and the SAS. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, and has won the Ness Award of the Royal Geographical Society and the Mungo Park Medal of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society for Exploration. All four of his Death or Glory novels are available from Penguin in paperback and ebook.
- Author(s)Michael Asher
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/1999
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Note16pp colour illustrations, 16pp b&w illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.